Baseball Advisory Committee
August 22, 2005 10 a.m.
Robert W. Hughes FHSAA Building
1. Introductions, purpose, e-mail addresses
2. Review Procedures, agenda, expense vouchers
3. Selection of chairperson
4. Review of 2004 committee minutes [2004 RECOMMENDATION #1 passed by FHSAA BOD as part of calendar revision for 2005-06]
5. Review of existing FHSAA Baseball Manual
6. 2005 State Tournament Review
7. National Federation Rules
a. 2006 NFHS Changes [not received as of July 7, 2005]
b. by state association adoption
8. Old Business
a. 2004 RECOMMENDATION #2: Reword 205 (District and Region Tournaments) to read The district and region tournaments shall be played in a double-elimination format with only the district champion advancing to the regional tournament. Each district shall decide if the top 3 or 4 teams advance to the district tournament.
b. Tabled by BOD in Oct. 2004: Revise 103.02 to include 25 playing dates, a maximum of 3 doubleheaders, tournaments count as 2 games, and add pre-season classic tournaments as part of the regular season.
9. New Business
a. Amendment to Policy 30 Unsportsmanlike Conduct.
b. Possible meeting date change to May 2006.
c. [no other recommendations received as of July 7, 2005]
10. FACA Recommendationsnone submitted as of July 7, 2005
11. Sportsmanship Update
12. Open Agenda