EL7 & EL12 forms due to AD (Week 20) – Nov. 9
First practice date (Week 20) – Nov. 9
Preseason classic tournaments (Week 22) – Nov. 23-28
First regular season playing date (Week 23) – Nov. 30
Official entry list due (Week 33) – Feb. 8
Last regular season playing date (Week 33) – Feb. 13
2016 FHSAA Wrestling State Championships
When: Monday-Saturday, Feb. 15-20, 2016
Where: listing of sites | live scoring
Admission: Two sessions, $6.00 per session
Schedule: Weigh-ins, 8 a.m.; Seeding Meeting, 9:30 a.m.; First Round competition, 10 a.m.; Consolation competition, 6 p.m.; Championship Finals, 7 p.m.
- Friday – Weigh-ins, 10 a.m.; Preliminaries, Wrestlebacks (First & Second Rounds), Noon
- Saturday – Weigh-ins, 8 a.m.; Semifinals, 10 a.m.; Wrestlebacks (Third & Fourth Rounds), 12:30 p.m.; Consolation/Championship Finals (2 mats), 6 p.m.
Florida High School Wrestling State Championships
Host: Experience Kissimmee and Osceola County Schools
Parking: $7.00 per car, $14.00 per bus
FHSAA Direct Lodging Website: SportsRez (provided by host organization)
Reservations & Inquiries - Toll Free: (855) 860-8110
Inquiries & Direct Reservation E-mail: reservations [at] sportsrez [dot] com
- Thursday, March 3 – Scales avaliable, 5:30-7:30 p.m.; Roll arounds, 5:30-7:30 p.m.; Coaches pick up packets, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 4 – Mandatory coaches meeting, online; Weigh-ins, 8 a.m.; Coaches pick up packets (weigh-in area), 8 a.m.; Arena opens for competitors and coaches, 9 a.m.; First Round competition, 10 a.m.; Wrestlebacks (First Round), following first round; Arena cleared following first round; Arena opens 45 minutes after First Round conclusion; Second Round Competition, following first round of wrestlebacks; Wrestlebacks (Second Round, following second round of competition)
- Saturday, March 5 – Weigh-ins, 8 a.m.; Arena opens, 8:30 a.m.; Semifinals (6 mats), 9:30 a.m.; Wrestlebacks (Third Round and Fourth Round), following semifinals; Fifth & Sixth Place Finals and Third & Fourth Place Finals (9 mats), following Fourth Round Wrestlebacks; Arena opens, 4:30 p.m. (wrestlers, 4:15 p.m.); Introduction of Finalists, 5:15 p.m.; Russ Mauger Award, 5:25 p.m.; Championship Finals, 5:30 p.m. (3 mats)
Webcast and DVD: NFHS Network
2015-16 FHSAA Wrestling Assessors
|Master Assessor Workshops|
Online Wrestling Assessor Training
Date and Time: July 17, 2015 @ 1 p.m.
Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista
The FHSAA Office is seeking additional medical professionals (doctors, trainers, nurses, etc.) to serve as wrestling assessors. Click here to download the registration form (DOC). Once the application has been sent to the FHSAA Office, perspective assessors can contact a master assessor to make arrangements for the necessary training. Training will include an overview of the National Wrestling Coaches Association program and the philosophy behind the implementation of this program, hydration testing, and body fat testing using both skinfold calipers and the Tanita scale. For more information, contact rlindeman [at] fhsaa [dot] org (Robbie Lindeman) via e-mail or at ext. 260.
As in the past, any master assessor can deliver the training to other medical professionals (physicians, athletic trainers, nurses, etc.) so that they can become assessors once these individuals have registered with the FHSAA Office. The necessary training materials have been sent to the master assessors so training can be done now in advance of the wrestling season which begins later in October.
Wrestling Assessor Handbook (PDF) | Master Assessors (PDF) | Regular Assessors (PDF)
FHSAA Wrestling Minimum Certified Weight Class Form: no longer available – must use NWCA OPC
FHSAA Wrestler Skin Condition Examination Report Form
FHSAA State Wrestling Series – District Tournament Results Report Form (for district tournament directors):
FHSAA State Wrestling Series – Regional Tournament Results Report Form (for regional tournament directors)
FHSAA Clearance for Minimum Body Fat Percentage Form
Exceptional Sportsmanship Report
FHSAA State Series Contest Pass Gate Sign-In Form
- Appeal Form to Raise Minimum Wrestling Weight