FHSAA News Alerts
ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE
· End of Course Exams – To review the newly adopted policy regarding End of Course exams, please send a test email to eligibility [at] fhsaa [dot] org. The auto-response you receive provides you the summary. (Contact information: eligibility [at] fhsaa [dot] org.)
· August Section Appeals Update – Please note the following list of dates for the August section appeals.
July 19, 2012 - Deadline for case materials
Section 1 Appeals - Aug. 1, 2012 – Leon County Schools Facilities Building
3397 West Tharpe St.
Tallahassee, Florida 32304
Section 2 Appeals - Aug. 2, 2012 – Marion County Ed Leadership Center
1614 SE Ft. King St.
Ocala, Florida 34471
Section 3 Appeals - Aug. 3, 2012 – Manatee Community Action Agency
302 Manatee Ave. East
Bradenton, Florida 34208
Section 4 Appeals - August 8, 2012 – Miami Jackson Sr. High School
1751 NW 36th St.
Miami, Florida 33142
(Contact information: jstark [at] fhsaa [dot] org)
· GA4 Process Modified – The FHSAA will no longer require member schools to submit the GA4S. Schools will be responsible for keeping the completed GA4’s in their files and provide them to this office upon request. The GA4 process will require the school administrator / athletic director to indicate GA4 compliance by entering “yes” on the individual student’s eligibility page in C2CSchools, when applicable. Schools are encouraged to attend / participate in the C2CSchools on-site training / training webinars for detailed information. (Contact information: eligibility [at] fhsaa [dot] org).
· Eligibility Forms - Forms EL4, EL7, EL12, EL13, and EL14 are now available at C2CSchools.com. (Contact information: eligibility [at] fhsaa [dot] org).
· Registering Intent to Participate – Be reminded that non-traditional students (i.e. home educated students, non-member private school students, students attending charter schools and intend to participate at their home zoned school, etc.) must register their intent to participate PRIOR to the first day of practice for the sport in which the student wishes to participate. Submission of the EL13S form via C2Cschools will meet this requirement. (Contact information: eligibility [at] fhsaa [dot] org).
· Staff Availability – Members of the Eligibility and Compliance staff will be attending summer conferences during the month of July. Access to e-mails will be limited. However, we will make every effort to respond to your communications in a timely manner.
· Florida’s Olympic Athletes – If your high school has any athletes competing in the 2012 London Olympics representing any country, please send the names to cbroska [at] fhsaa [dot] org as soon as possible. The FHSAA would like to recognize these athletes on its website.
· Declaration of Candidacy for Sport Advisory Committees – The declaration of candidacy form for ALL sports is attached and is due on Sept. 17, 2012 by 5 p.m. These committees consist of two coaches from each of the four administrative sections elected by their peers that review the FHSAA sports program and recommend changes.
· Competitive Cheerleading Regions 3 and 4 RFP Announcement – The FHSAA is currently accepting proposals to host Region 3 and Region 4 Competitive Cheerleading Finals for 2013 and 2014. All proposals are due on Aug. 6, 2012 by 5 p.m.
Please note that all proposals must be accompanied by four required forms that are provided in .PDF format at: http://www.fhsaa.org/news/2012/0628. That link also includes all dates, competition formats, facility requirements, etc. so if interested, take a look at all of the information before submitting the proposal.
· PA Announcer Football Clinics – The FHSAA and DiCesare-Winter Productions have teamed up to host PA announcer football clinics this fall at three locations: Boca Raton HS (August 25), Dr. Phillips (September 8) and Chiles (September 15). Flyers and registration forms for the three workshops are available on the bottom of the FHSAA’s football page at: http://www.fhsaa.org/sports/football.
· AT17 (Concussion Course Affidavit) – Please remember that the AT17 form is due by Aug. 6, 2012. Each head and paid coach is required to view the NFHS Concussion Course before they begin practice this year even if it was taken last year.
· C2C 2.0 Webinars – The FHSAA in conjunction with C2C has made webinars available on July 24 at 9 a.m. and Aug. 2 at 10 a.m. They will consist of an interactive review of basic and necessary functions of C2C 2.0 and participant questions will be answered. Space is limited so please reserve your webinar seat as quickly as possible. The links to register for both dates is attached to this e-mail on a .PDF titled ‘C2C 2.0 Webinar Info’.
· C2C Training Time Change – The C2C training session hosted by Bay has been changed to 9 a.m. The date remains Tuesday, July 10. The full list of training sessions remaining is listed below.
· Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Nominations – The FHSAA would like to extend the opportunity for student-athletes in member schools to be a part of the FHSAA Student-Advisory Committee. The committee’s purpose is to provide an understanding to the student-athletes of what the Association does while the FHSAA learns about what issues face student-athletes on and off the field. Nomination forms are due by Thursday, August 30, 2012 at 5 p.m. Please see the attached document at the bottom of this page for the nomination form and further information.
· Sportsmanship Stories – The FHSAA would like to promote examples of sportsmanship that happen during practices, games or at special events. We would like to begin posting these stories on the website along with our social media platforms. These can be written by a student, teacher, coach, AD, official, fan or parent. We ask that it they be kept between 250-500 words and that the AD or principal sign it to ensure that the story is approved. Please send the stories to pjones [at] fhsaa [dot] org. Thank you for supporting this endeavor!
· Compliance Seminar Registration – Registration is open for the 2012 compliance seminar to be held for Sections 2 and 4. All member schools in those sections are required to attend and may chose to attend at either location. The seminars will take place at West Broward High School in Pembroke Pines (Thursday, August 9) and at Winter Springs High School (Friday, August 10). Schools and district athletic personnel not required to attend are also welcome.
The cost is $75 per person and the FHSAA will invoice the school in August after the seminar has concluded. To register, click on the following link: http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22FBXJXSKMD
For full details about the compliance seminar, including hotel deals, please click on the following link: http://www.fhsaa.org/departments/membership/compliance-seminar