FHSAA News Alerts
*Please note the date change for the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee nomination form! It is now Aug. 30 instead of Aug. 20.*
· PA Announcer Football Clinics – The FHSAA and DiCesare-Winter Productions have teamed up to host PA announcer football clinics this fall at three locations: Boca Raton HS (August 25), Dr. Phillips (September 8) and Chiles (September 15). Flyers and registration forms for the three workshops are available on the bottom of the FHSAA’s football page at: http://www.fhsaa.org/sports/football
· AT17 (Concussion Course Affidavit) – Please remember that the AT17 form is due by August 6, 2012. Each head and paid coach is required to view the NFHS Concussion Course before they begin practice.
· 2012 Regional Cross Country Host Sites – If your school is interested in serving as host for one of the 16 regional cross country meets to be held on November 8-10, 2012, please visit: http://www.fhsaa.org/news/2012/0510, download the attachment and fill in the requested information and return the entire page to the FHSAA Office by June 15, 2012. Thank you for your support!
ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE
· HB 1403 and Transfer Rules – The FHSAA staff has provided clarification regarding the impact of HB 1403 on Transfer Regulations. To review the information that was provided to school districts and non-public school organizations, please send a test e-mail to eligibility [at] fhsaa [dot] org. The auto-response will provide you with a copy of the communication.
· Revised Forms – The revised versions of the EL4, EL7, EL12 and EL14 forms will be available no later than July 1. (For further information, please direct questions to eligibility [at] fhsaa [dot] org)
· Bright House Sports Network Official TV Partner of FHSAA – The FHSAA has reached an agreement withBright House to become the official TV partner for FHSAA state championship events. The release can be viewed at: http://www.fhsaa.org/news/2012/0602
· Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Nominations – The FHSAA would like to extend the opportunity for student-athletes in member schools to be a part of the FHSAA Student-Advisory Committee. The committee’s purpose is to provide an understanding to the student-athletes of what the Association does while the FHSAA learns about what issues face student-athletes on and off the field. Nomination forms are due by Thursday, August 30, 2012 at 5 p.m. Please see the attached document for the nomination form and further information.
· Sportsmanship Stories – The FHSAA would like to promote examples of sportsmanship that happen during practices, games or at special events. We would like to begin posting these stories on the website along with our social media platforms. These can be written by a student, teacher, coach, AD, official, fan or parent. We ask that it they be kept between 250-500 words and that the AD or principal sign it to ensure that the story is approved. Please send the stories to pjones [at] fhsaa [dot] org. Thank you for supporting this endeavor!
· NFHS Launches World Book’s Learning Pro – The NFHS has launched new online courses to help high school students improve study skills. These courses are available at www.nfhslearn.com.
· C2C Summer Training Dates – The FHSAA has compiled a list of C2C summer training dates for the new 2.0 platform. There is no cost to the host schools or anybody attending. Please view the attached document for dates and locations.
· Compliance Seminar Registration – Registration is open for the 2012 compliance seminar to be held for Sections 2 and 4. All member schools in those sections are required to attend and may chose to attend at either location. The seminars will take place at West Broward High School in Pembroke Pines (Thursday, August 9) and at Winter Springs High School (Friday, August 10). Schools and district athletic personnel not required to attend are also welcome.
The cost is $75 per person and the FHSAA will invoice the school in August after the seminar has concluded. To register, click on the following link: http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22FBXJXSKMD
For full details about the compliance seminar, including hotel deals, please click on the following link: http://www.fhsaa.org/departments/membership/compliance-seminar