FHSAA News Alerts
· NFHS Boys Lacrosse Questionnaire – The deadline for submission of the NFHS Boys Lacrosse Questionnaire is May 14. If you have not had the opportunity to notify your coaches about the questionnaire, we encourage you to do so. Please use the following link: www.nfhs.org/questionnaire/
· 2012 Regional Cross Country Host Sites – If your school is interested in serving as host for one of the 16 regional cross country meets to be held on November 8-10, 2012, please visit: http://www.fhsaa.org/news/2012/0510, download the attachment and fill in the requested information and return the entire page to the FHSAA Office by June 15, 2012. Thank you for your support!
· 2012 Regional Golf Tournament Host Sites – If your school is interested in serving as a host for one of the regional golf tournaments to be held on October 22-23, 2012, please submit the invitation to the FHSAA Office by May 30, 2012.
Fax: (352) 244-5052
E-mail: golf [at] fhsaa [dot] org
Please note that per Administrative Procedure 3 in the FHSAA Handbook, the middle districts of each region shall host. Other districts are encouraged to submit a request to host and will be considered if the middle district is unable to locate a site.
For the invitation to host form, please visit: http://www.fhsaa.org/news/2012/0322-0
· 2012 Regional Swimming & Diving Tournament Host Sites – If your school/facility is interested in serving as host for one or more of the 12 regional meets to be held on November 1, 2, or 3, 2012, please complete and submit the “Application to Host 2012 Regional Swimming & Diving Meet(s)” form so that it is received in the FHSAA Office no later than May 31, 2012. The letter of application can be e-mailed to cbroska [at] fhsaa [dot] org or faxed to (352)244-5055. Please note that the application must be filled out in its entirety to be considered, with ALL required signatures.
The application can be found at: http://www.fhsaa.org/news/2012/0307
· NFHS Baseball Questionnaire – All baseball coaches are invited to take part in the NFHS rules-writing process by taking the annual baseball rules questionnaire. This questionnaire is provided so the opinions of a national sampling of coaches and registered officials will be considered by the NFHS Baseball Rules Committee. The questionnaire will close on May 14, 2012.
To participate, please use the following link: http://www.nfhs.org/questionnaire and select the baseball link. You are NOT required to log in to fill out the questionnaire. Thank you for your participation.
ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE
· HB 1403 Update on Scheduling – FHSAA member schools may contract with non-member Florida schools for interscholastic contests, provided a game/contest contract is duly executed. This allows the non-member Florida schools to also participate in multi-school events as well. (For more information regarding scheduling multi-school events, please contact this office at sanctions [at] fhsaa [dot] org)
· HB 1403 Update on Eligibility/Investigations/Penalties Assessed to Coaches/Due Process – HB 1403 modifies some areas of eligibility and compliance. FHSAA staff is currently drafting language for Board approval to comply with the new adopted statute, effective July 1, 2012. This new language impacting eligibility, investigations, penalties assessed to coaches and due process will be published, with clarifications, prior to July 1, 2012. (For more information, please contact this office at eligibility [at] fhsaa [dot] org or compliance [at] fhsaa [dot] org)
· HB 1403 Update on First Day of Practice/Registering Intent to Participate – HB 1403 references first day of the sports season as it relates to eligibility. This day is defined as first day of practice for the sport’s season. As a result of this statutory requirement, the date for “registering intent” for non-traditional/non-standard students (e.g. home education students, private school students attending non-member schools, charter school students, etc.) is also the first day of practice for each sport’s season. (For more information, please contact this office at eligibility [at] fhsaa [dot] org)
· 2012-13 Section Appeals Update – 2012-13 Section Appeal Dates have been tentatively scheduled and will be presented to the Board of Directors at its June 2012 meeting for approval. (For a copy of the proposed dates, please contact jstark [at] fhsaa [dot] org)
· Revised Forms – The revised versions of the EL4, EL7, EL12 and EL14 forms will be available no later than July 1. For further information, please direct questions to eligibility [at] fhsaa [dot] org.
· 2011-12 Sports Participation Survey – The 2011-12 sports participation survey is ready to be filled out by all member schools and is available at the following link: http://www.fhsaa.org/webform/sports-participation-survey.
It is an electronic submission but please note that the online format has changed. Please read all of the instructions when accessing the form. The deadline to submit is Thursday, May 31, 2012.
· C2C 2.0 – The new C2C platform will roll out after baseball season at the end of May, allowing schools to work with it at the end of the school year. Please make sure to attend one of the training sessions available this summer if possible (see attached document).
If you have entered Fall and Winter schedules for team sports already, those will roll over to the new system and you are fine. If you have not, please wait until the new system comes out in the end of May so there is not a lot of data to transfer.
· C2C Summer Training Dates – The FHSAA has compiled a list of C2C summer training dates for the new 2.0 platform. There is no cost to the host schools or anybody attending.
A few changes have been made since last week. The session for Gulf Coast is now on June 5 at noon. Tarpon Springs is a new host and that session will be on June 14 at 1 p.m. Bronson is also new to the list and will host on July 9 at 1 p.m. These changes are reflected in the document below which lists all of the summer training sessions available to-date.
· Compliance Seminar Registration – Registration is open for the 2012 compliance seminar to be held for Sections 2 and 4. All member schools in those sections are required to attend and may chose to attend at either location. The seminars will take place at West Broward High School in Pembroke Pines (Thursday, August 9) and at Winter Springs High School (Friday, August 10). Schools and district athletic personnel not required to attend are also welcome.
The cost is $75 per person and the FHSAA will invoice the school in August after the seminar has concluded. To register, click on the following link: http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22FBXJXSKMD
For full details about the compliance seminar, including hotel deals, please click on the following link: http://www.fhsaa.org/departments/membership/compliance-seminar