FHSAA News Alerts
· Fall Individual Sport Contest Scheduling – Policy 220.127.116.11 of the FHSAA Handbook states, “No regular season contest for the following season may be scheduled in advance of the district scheduling meeting. Agreements or contracts to play a contest that is entered into in advance of the meeting are null and void.”
Due to issues with securing public facilities, our office is waiving this policy for FALL INDIVIDUAL SPORTS ONLY. You may schedule your fall individual sports contests now if securing a facility is an issue.
· 2013 Regional Wrestling Host Sites – If your school is interested in serving has a host of one of the 12 regional wrestling tournaments to be held on February 8-9, 2013, please submit the invitation to the FHSAA Office no later than May 1, 2012.
E-mail: wrestling [at] fhsaa [dot] org
Please view this linked document for more information.
2012 Regional Golf Tournament Host Sites – If your school is interested in serving as a host for one of the regional golf tournaments to be held on October 22-23, 2012, please submit the invitation to the FHSAA Office as soon as possible.
E-mail: golf [at] fhsaa [dot] org
Please note that per Administrative Procedure 3 in the FHSAA Handbook, the middle districts of each region shall host. Other districts are encouraged to submit a request to host and will be considered if the middle district is unable to locate a site.
For the invitation to host form, please visit: http://www.fhsaa.org/news/2012/0322-0
2012 Regional Swimming & Diving Tournament Host Sites – If your school/facility is interested in serving as host for one or more of the 12 regional meets to be held on November 1, 2, or 3, 2012, please complete and submit the “Application to Host 2012 Regional Swimming & Diving Meet(s)” form so that it is received in the FHSAA Office no later than May 31, 2012. The letter of application can be e-mailed to cbroska [at] fhsaa [dot] org or faxed to (352)244-5055. Please note that the application must be filled out in its entirety to be considered, with ALL required signatures.
The application can be found at: http://www.fhsaa.org/news/2012/0307
· NFHS Baseball Questionnaire – All baseball coaches are invited to take part in the NFHS rules-writing process by taking the annual baseball rules questionnaire. This questionnaire is provided so the opinions of a national sampling of coaches and registered officials will be considered by the NFHS Baseball Rules Committee. The questionnaire will close on May 14, 2012.
To participate, please use the following link: http://www.nfhs.org/questionnaire and select the baseball link. You are NOT required to log in to fill out the questionnaire. Thank you for your participation.
ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE
· Spring Football and Non-Standard Students – As a reminder, please review Policy 18 as it relates to spring football activities. Specifically, Policy 18.2.1 states, “Spring Football practice is a continuation of the regular fall football season.” Therefore, only non-standard students (Policy 16) who registered their intent prior to August 29, 2011 may continue their participation in 2012 spring football activities. (For further clarification, e-mail hjones [at] fhsaa [dot] org or eligibility [at] fhsaa [dot] org).
· Spring Competitive Cheerleading and Non-Standard Students – As a reminder, please review Policy 18 as it relates to spring competitive cheerleading activities. Specifically, Policy 18.3.1 states, “Spring Competitive Cheerleading Practice is a continuation of the regular fall competitive cheerleading season.” Therefore, only non-standard students (Policy 16) who registered their intent prior to September 26, 2011 may continue their participation in 2012 spring competitive cheerleading activities. (For further clarification, e-mail hjones [at] fhsaa [dot] org or eligibility [at] fhsaa [dot] org).
· GA6 Form and Modification – Policy 22.3 references Form GA6 which assists school representatives in communicating non-school athletic activities’ impact on interscholastic eligibility. The FHSAA does allow modifications of this form with respect to signatures and/or formatting. For a doc. File of the GA6 to allow modification, please submit a request for the Word document to compliance [at] fhsaa [dot] org.
· GA04 Form – The GA04 Form (Affidavit on Recruiting, Policy 36.7.1) has been updated/modified. Please use the most up-to-date form as soon as possible. For further clarification, please contact FHSAA staff at compliance [at] fhsaa [dot] org.
· 2011-12 Sports Participation Survey – The 2011-12 sports participation survey is ready to be filled out by all member schools and is available at the following link: http://www.fhsaa.org/webform/sports-participation-survey. It is an electronic submission but please note that the online format has changed. Please read all of the instructions when accessing the form. The deadline to submit is Thursday, May 31, 2012.
· New Location for List of Suspended Schools – The permanent location of the list of suspended schools on www.FHSAA.org has changed. The link now is on the Eligibility & Compliance page on the right-hand side of the ‘Information’ box. Please use the following link: http://www.fhsaa.org/news/2012/0423-0 for a screenshot as well as instructions on how to find this information.
· C2C 2.0 – The new C2C platform will roll out after baseball season at the end of May, allowing schools to work with it at the end of the school year. Please make sure to attend one of the training sessions available this summer if possible (see attached document).
If you have entered Fall and Winter schedules for team sports already, those will roll over to the new system and you are fine. If you have not, please wait until the new system comes out in the end of May so there is not a lot of data to transfer.
· C2C Summer Training Dates – The FHSAA has compiled a list of C2C summer training dates for the new 2.0 platform. There have been 2 new additions to this list (Gulf Coast and the New Smyrna Beach Media Center in Volusia County) and there was also an e-mail address correction for the Coral Springs contact (sdsanzari [at] browardschools [dot] com">sdsanzari [at] browardschools [dot] com) and the updates are included in an attachment to this e-mail. There is no cost to the host schools or anybody attending. Please view this linked document for the times, dates and locations of the sessions being offered.
· April/June Board of Directors Meeting – The Board of Directors meetings scheduled for April 29-30, 2012 and June 11-12, 2012 will be held at the Best Western Gateway Grand (4200 NW 97 Blvd., 32606) in Gainesville, Florida. For more information on Board of Directors meetings, click on the following link: http://www.fhsaa.org/gov/board/2011-12.
Compliance Seminar Registration – Registration is now open for the 2012 compliance seminar to be held for Sections 2 and 4. All member schools in those sections are required to attend and may chose to attend at either location. The seminars will take place at West Broward High School in Pembroke Pines (Thursday, August 9) and at Winter Springs High School (Friday, August 10). Schools and district athletic personnel not required to attend are also welcome.
The cost is $75 per person and the FHSAA will invoice the school in August after the seminar has concluded. To register, click on the following link: http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22FBXJXSKMD
For full details about the compliance seminar, including hotel deals, please click on the following link: http://www.fhsaa.org/departments/membership/compliance-seminar
Membership Applications – The applications for continuing membership with the FHSAA in the 2012-13 school year are now available. You can access the form and directions on how to fill it out by clicking on the following link: http://www.fhsaa.org/now-due/application-continuing-membership-fhsaa-mb2-due-april-30