FHSAA News Alerts
2012 Regional Golf Tournament Host Sites – If your school is interested in serving as a host for one of the regional golf tournaments to be held on October 22-23, 2012, please submit the invitation to the FHSAA Office as soon as possible.
E-mail: golf [at] fhsaa [dot] org
Please note that per Administrative Procedure 3 in the FHSAA Handbook, the middle districts of each region shall host. Other districts are encouraged to submit a request to host and will be considered if the middle district is unable to locate a site.
For the invitation to host form, please visit: http://www.fhsaa.org/news/2012/0322-0
2012 Regional Swimming & Diving Tournament Host Sites – If your school/facility is interested in serving as host for one or more of the 12 regional meets to be held on November 1, 2, or 3, 2012, please complete and submit the “Application to Host 2012 Regional Swimming & Diving Meet(s)” form so that it is received in the FHSAA Office no later than May 31, 2012. The letter of application can be e-mailed to cbroska [at] fhsaa [dot] org or faxed to (352)244-5055. Please note that the application must be filled out in its entirety to be considered, with ALL required signatures.
The application can be found at: http://www.fhsaa.org/news/2012/0307
· Football Schedules – The deadline for submitting 2012 football schedules via C2Cschools.com is March 30, 2012. Please make sure you have denoted your district games and preseason classics. Go into your schedule, select your district games and there will be a “Tags” tab on the right-hand side. Click it and check the district box. Please make sure you save at the bottom. This is critical because the district standings populate the playoff brackets! Your cooperation is appreciated.
· 2013 Regional Wrestling Tournament Host Sites – The FHSAA is taking invitations for any school interested in serving as a host for one of the 12 regional wrestling tournaments to be held on February 8-9, 2013. If your school is interested, please submit your letter of invitation to the FHSAA Office no later than May 1, 2012 by mail, fax or e-mail.
1801 NW 80th Blvd.
Gainesville, FL 32606
Fax: (352) 244-5042
E-mail: wrestling [at] fhsaa [dot] org
· FHSAA Calendar Review Committee – The FHSAA staff is gathering a committee to review length of seasons and season overlap concerns. Any Athletic Director interested in serving as part of this process, please e-mail Gary Pigott (gpigott [at] fhsaa [dot] org) by March 31, 2012. The committee will meet via webinar so travel will not be required.
· Basketball/Soccer/Girls Volleyball Planning Meeting Dates – The boys and girls basketball, boys and girls soccer, and girls volleyball planning meetings will be held from March 12-April 12. To assist you in locating your planning meeting date, time and location, the FHSAA has created a link on those sports pages for assistance. The link can be found on the right column as the first box listed “District Meetings” (See below).
If your district does not have information, that is because the FHSAA office has not received the information from the district coordinator. All district coordinators are marked with an “X” under the “Assignments” link on the sport-specific pages.
· Softball State Entry List – The state entry list for softball is due April 9. Please take note of this as it is not on the calendar.
· State Entry List Deadlines – The state entry list due dates for Spring sports are as follows:
April 2 – Track and Field (1A/2A)
April 9 – Track and Field (3A/4A), Water Polo, Lacrosse, Softball
April 16 – Baseball, Flag Football
April 23 – Boys Volleyball
ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE
Governance Elections – Governance elections began on Wednesday, March 28 and continue until Thursday, April 5. All FHSAA representatives need to log on to C2Cschools.com one day during that time period to cast their ballot. Once logged in, there will be the following image on the right side of the dashboard:
Clicking on this image will bring up the ballot for the Administrative Section and Legislative Division in which the school is located. The candidates listed on the ballot for the Board of Directors, Sectional Appeals Committees and Representative Assembly deserve your consideration and your vote. PLEASE VOTE!
Membership Applications – The applications for continuing membership with the FHSAA in the 2012-13 school year are now available. You can access the form and directions on how to fill it out by clicking on the following link: http://www.fhsaa.org/now-due/application-continuing-membership-fhsaa-mb2-due-april-30
Water Polo/Lacrosse/Flag Football Score Reporting – The updating of brackets for water polo, lacrosse and flag football will now be handled at the school level for ALL district and play-in rounds. The reporting of scores will be identical to the reporting of regional playoff scores for any other team sport. The only difference is that district tournament games will be reported like regional games.
If your school hosts a district tournament or play-in game, your school will be responsible for reporting the matchup details and final score. Do not click on the link “Report District Final” following the district tournament and do not add any game manually to the schedule. The system will automatically update everything for you as long as you correctly report upcoming matchup details and the final score. The initial brackets with district tournament participants will be generated by the FHSAA. Once generated, the host school for every district tournament semifinal will get an alert to report the matchup details. This is when the process for the school starts.
FIAAA Annual Conference – The deadline to book a room at the conference hotel for this year’s annual state conference is Wednesday, April 11, 2012. The group rate for conference attendees includes free parking and free internet access in each guest room. To book your room, go to:
The deadline to register to take any of the ten leadership training courses is Saturday, April 7, 2012. To register for courses, go to http://fiaaa.org/LTI%20Registration%20Form%202012.pdf.
The deadline to register for the conference itself is Friday, April 20, 2012. To register for the conference, go to http://fiaaa.org/Registration%20Form%202012.pdf
More information about the conference can be found at www.fiaaa.org.