FHSAA News Alerts
The following are the due dates for the official entry lists to be sent to district hosts:
October 10 -- Golf
October 17 -- Swimming/Diving, Girls Volleyball
October 24 -- Bowling, Cross Country
November 7 -- Football
Any official entry lists submitted after midnight on the deadlines listed above are late and late entry lists will receive fines.
If you are assigned a team for any sport, you are expected to do a state entry list. Double-check that you are in all the sports you should be. If you are not fielding a team in a sport, make sure it is dropped on C2C before the first state entry list is due which is October 10.
NOTE #1: State entry lists used to be known as 'Official Entry List' and 'District Entry List'. C2C CURRENTLY has it listed as 'State Entry List'.
NOTE #2: For a step-by-step explanation of how to create a state entry list on C2C, please click HERE.
ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE
FHSAA Review Bylaw 9.3.2 and GA5
Join us for a Webinar on October 18
Space is limited. Reserve your Webinar seat now at: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/368532193
The purpose of this webinar is to provide guidance on the application of Bylaw 9.3.2 relative to students changing schools after establishing their residence at a school. Staff will also review form GA5 prior to the November deadline for submitting proposals to amend Bylaws/Policies of the FHSAA.
Title: FHSAA Review Bylaw 9.3.2 and GA5
Date: Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Time: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM EDT
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.
For more information contact: Eligibility and Compliance Services Department
- Hall of Fame nominations – A nomination to the Florida High School Athletic Hall of Fame must be received in the FHSAA Office by Tuesday, November 1, 2011 to be considered for the Class of 2012.These forms must be sent by mail, overnight carrier or hand-delivered. Nomination forms sent by fax or via e-mail will NOT be accepted. For nomination instructions and the form, use this link: http://www.fhsaa.org/sites/default/files/orig_uploads/special_programs/hof/forms/hof_form_instructions.pdf.
- Football Standings – Make sure you have denoted your district games. Go into your schedule, select your district games and there will be a “Tags” tab on the right-hand side. Click it and check the district box. Please make sure that you save at the bottom. This is critical as these district standings populate the playoff brackets. Your cooperation is appreciated.
- Score Reporting, Administrative Procedure 1.10 – For all varsity team sports, scores must be entered by the home team.
- Bylaw 8.4.1 – Contracts are required for ALL athletic contests between member schools. The principal and the FHSAA representative or Athletic Director must execute said contracts utilizing C2Cschools. Contracts need to be signed as soon as possible in order for schools to post schedules and times.
- NOTE: October 15th is the deadline for all schools to comply with the regulations noted above. After that date, schools will be fined if scores are not reported, district games are not denoted and contracts are not signed.
- C2C CoachMe App -- C2C is now offering the CoachMe mobile application for your wireless devices. The application will allow any users that are in your ‘Staff & Privileges’ section to input scores at any time right from their mobile device. Schools may purchase this service for their staff for an annual fee of $75. If you are interested in purchasing this service, please put a Help Ticket in to C2C along with either an email address or fax number of where you would like the invoice sent.
Doral Academy suspended by FHSAA
Doral Academy (Miami) has been suspended from all interscholastic competition due to a lack of updated insurance paperwork on file. If your school is set to play Doral Academy, those contests are hereby cancelled and the contracts are considered null and void. When the headline on www.FHSAA.org has disappeared, that means the school has been cleared and reinstated for competition.