FHSAA News Alerts
ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE
FHSAA Self-Reporting Procedures
In accordance with FHSAA Bylaw 6.1.1 member schools (principals) are expected to monitor their respective athletic program for eligibility and compliance. As a result, many member schools often self-report violations committed by its athletic programs, often resulting in significantly reduced penalties. To submit a self-report, please forward the "self-reporting" communication to selfreport [at] fhsaa [dot] org. When self-reporting, be sure to identify:
1) The bylaw(s) or specific policy(ies) that has (have) been violated,
2) The circumstances leading to the violation, and
3) The corrective actions taken by the member school to deter this situation from happening again.
For a more detailed description or guidance on formatting your self-report, please send a test email to selfreport [at] fhsaa [dot] org. (Contact Eligibility and Compliance Department)
Webinar: FHSAA Review of Bylaw 9.2.4 and Policy 22.
The Association’s Eligibility and Compliance Services Department is conducting a webinar on Bylaw 9.2.4 and Policy 22 to provide guidance on the application of Bylaw 9.2.4 and Policy 22. This bylaw and corresponding policy address eligibility of students changing schools after having participated in non-school activities affiliated with a member school and subsequently begin attending that school. Space is limited. Reserve your Webinar seat now at: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/462946361. The webinar is scheduled for Thursday, September 29, 2011 (3 PM to approximately 4 p.m. EDT). (Contact Natalie Strappy)
- The 2012 and 2013 FHSAA Track & Field Finals will be held at UNF Hodges Stadium in Jacksonville.
- 12 contracts with FHSAA Finals host sites have been completed covering 13 events.
- Basketball (Boys and Girls) – Lakeland Center
- Bowling – Aloma Bowling Center/Timber Creek High School
- Cross Country- Little Everglades/Little Everglades Steeplechase Foundation, Inc.
- Flag Football – Gene Cox Stadium/Leon County
- Football – Citrus Bowl/Central Florida Sports Commission
- Golf – Mission Inn (and surrounding courses)/Central Florida Sports Commission
- Swimming – YMCA Aquatic Center
- Tennis – Sanlando Park, Red Bug Lake Park, Sylvan Kale Park, Lake Brantley High School/Central Florida Sports Commission
- Track & Field – UNF Hodges Stadium
- Volleyball (Boys and Girls) – Silver Spurs Arena/Kissimmee CVB
- Wrestling – Lakeland Center
- Girls Volleyball – Coaches should have their teams warm-up in their official team uniform during the timed pre-match warm-ups so officials can check the team rosters and get the matches started more promptly.
- Competitive Cheer – Updated FHSAA Guidelines and the Coaches Rules Presentation have been posted online at www.fhsaa.org under “Competitive Cheer” for coaches to view at their leisure.
- Florida High School Athletic Hall of Fame nominations must be received in the FHSAA Office by Tuesday, November 1, 2011 to be considered for the Class of 2012. The nomination forms and instructions are posted online at http://www.fhsaa.org/departments/special-programs/hall-of-fame .
- Academic Team Champion nominations for Fall sports are due Monday, November 21, 2011. Nomination forms for each sport can be found at: http://www.fhsaa.org/departments/special-programs/academic-team-champion-awards/guidelines on the right-hand side of the page.
- State Entry Lists—Starting Soon!
1) If you need assistance with creating and submitting a state entry list, please go to the Forms section at the top of our webpage.
2) Then go to General Forms and it will be about half-way down this page under Official Entry List. It gives you a step by step guideline for this procedure.
3) Our first required entry list is golf and that is due October 10.
- Classified submissions—Must be submitted by an identified member school Athletic Director, Principal or FHSAA Representative ONLY. No other person will be allowed to post a request.
- Always check the calendar information which can be found on the home page of www.fhsaa.org. It will give you up-to-date activities for the week and also give you important due date information.