FHSAA News Alerts
Below is a list of member schools that have been suspended from all interscholastic competition either due to a lack of updated insurance paperwork on file or for past-due monies owed. If a school’s name is on this list, all athletic competition is to cease immediately until the invoices have been paid in full or until the proper insurance paperwork is turned in. If your school is set to play one of the schools on this list, those contests are hereby cancelled and the contracts are considered null and void.
· American Prep (Davie) – suspended 9/6/11 – insurance
· Calusa Prep (Miami) – suspended 9/6/11 – insurance
· Esprit de Corps (Jacksonville) – suspended 9/6/11 – insurance
· Pemayetv Emahakv (Okeechobee) – suspended 9/6/11 – insurance
· Providence (Jacksonville) – suspended 9/6/11 – insurance
· Summit Christian (West Palm Beach) – suspended 9/6/11 – insurance
· Tampa Bay Christian – suspended 9/6/11 – insurance
As per Bylaw 3.5.3, a member school must provide athletic accident medical coverage, catastrophic accident insurance coverage, and catastrophic disability insurance coverage for each of its student-athletes. The school also must provide general liability insurance coverage for itself.
A letter to the school’s principal indicated which insurance documents were needed by the FHSAA office. They can be sent to:
Fax: (352) 244-5050
E-mail: spolansky [at] fhsaa [dot] org
Address: 1801 NW 80th Blvd.
Gainesville, FL, 32606-9176
If you have any questions or concerns, please call Seth Polansky, Membership Services Specialist, at (352) 372-9551 ext. 400.
- Administrative Procedure 1.9.1—Member schools must submit to the FHSAA online via C2C schools their initial sport roster for each sport by the first regular season completion of the sport. Rosters can continue to be added to and deleted from until the date of the last regular season contest. If you have not completed this, it needs to be done immediately.
- C2C--State Entry Lists---Double-check your calendar starting in October for these due dates. The first one is October 10th for golf.
- C2C--Score Reporting—All varsity team sports must be reported. Fall sports--- Football is due at 9 a.m. the day after the game and volleyball is due by every Monday for all games the previous week.
- Classified Ads on our Website---They can only be submitted to us by an identified member school Athletic Director, FHSAA Rep, or Principal.
Compliance and Eligibility
Due to the high volume of eligibility forms(EL 10’s, 11’s, 13’s, 14’s) received at the beginning of the school year 2011-2012, please allow for time to process in accordance with the timeline listed on the form(s).
Thank you and feel free to call us if you have any questions or concerns.