Student-Athlete Advisory Committee nominations
The FHSAA would like to extend the opportunity for student-athletes in member schools to participate as part of the FHSAA Student-Athlete Advisory Committee. The purpose of the committee will be to provide a voice for student-athletes within the FHSAA governance structure, in the following areas:
• Current issues facing student-athletes
• Input regarding rules and regulations
• Input on FHSAA special initiatives (e.g., sportsmanship campaign)
• Promotion of a positive image of the student-athlete.
The 16-member statewide committee will meet once or twice annually at the Robert W. Hughes FHSAA Building in Gainesville. A student’s participation would involve a trip to the meeting, accompanied by a chaperone. Expenses (e.g., mileage, lodging, per diem) will be paid by the FHSAA.
Please review the enclosed nomination form and select two student-athletes (one male and one female) in your school who have an interest in serving on the committee. The FHSAA is interested in applicants who possess the following qualities:
• must be an active student-athlete participating in at least one FHSAA-sanctioned sport;
• must be a sophomore (rising junior) or junior (rising senior) in good academic and disciplinary standing;
• must show a commitment toward representing the interests of all student-athletes;
• must display strong character and commitment to sportsmanship and integrity; and
• must demonstrate leadership in your school.
Nomination forms are due not later than 5 p.m. Monday, March 14, 2011, and may be sent via fax (352.333.2191) or mail to: Student-Athlete Advisory Committee, FHSAA, 1801 NW 80th Blvd., Gainesville, FL 32606.
If you have any questions, please call us at (352) 372-9551 ext. 190.
Florida High School Athletic Association
(352) 372.9551 x. 190
smcleod [at] fhsaa [dot] org (smcleod [at] fhsaa [dot] org)