Eligibility & Compliance
2014 FHSAA Compliance Seminar
When and Where:
- Friday, Aug. 8 - Reagan High School (Doral) - GOLF AND NIGHT BEFORE RECEPTION AT TBD
- Thursday, Aug. 14 - Lake Minneola High School (Minneola) - GOLF AND NIGHT BEFORE RECEPTION AT TBD
CHECK-IN BEGINS AT 8 A.M. ON THE DAY OF EACH SEMINAR!
- What: One-day seminar on FHSAA rules and procedures for member school personnel; Bylaw 188.8.131.52 requires each continuing member school to be represented at a compliance seminar by either the principal, FHSAA representative or athletic director outlined in Policy 5.1.2; Policy 5.1.4 requires first-year provisional member schools to be represented at the seminar by the principal, FHSAA representative and athletic director (all three); Policy 5.1.5 requires all other continuing provisional member schools to be represented at a compliance seminar by either the principal, FHSAA representative or athletic director until full membership is achieved.
- Mandatory attendance: List of schools assigned to attend in 2014
- Exemption from attendance: There is no exemption or waiver of attendance in the assigned year.
- Cost: $75 per person: school is responsible for all costs of transportation and lodging (overnight stay may be required for those not within daily commuting distance of the locations). DO NOT PREPAY! Schools will be invoiced after the conclusion of the seminar. Lunch will be provided for all representatives who have registered.
- Registration: click here (coming soon)
Agendas and Seminar Information
|Reagan High School
Aug. 8, 2014
» Hotel info and golf (TBD)
|First-time member schools ONLY
Robert W. Hughes FHSAA Building, Gainesville
Aug. 11, 2014
» Hotel info
|Lake Minneola High School
Aug. 14, 2014
» Hotel info & golf (TBD)
2013 FHSAA Compliance Seminar review
Below are links to the presentations/handouts from the 2013 FHSAA compliance seminars at Chiles High School and Osceola High School. Click on the title of the presentation/handout for the information.
|Name of Presentation||Format||Size|
|Eligibility & Compliance Procedures||PPT||452 K|
|Athletic Operations||PPT||3.9 M|
|Non-Tradtional and Foreign Student Registration||PPT||3.2 M|
|Untangling Eligibility & Compliance Misconceptions||HTML|
|Awards and New Requirements||PPT||204 K|
|FHSAA Legislative Updates||PPT||1.5 M|
|Financial Policies and Procedures||PPT||2.0 M|
|Officials and Game Management||PPT||1.6 M|
|District and Regional Playoff Hosting||PPT||470 K|
|District and Region Host Responsibilities||PPT||559 K|
|Schools Working with the Media||HTML|