Eligibility & Compliance
2013 FHSAA Compliance Seminar
When and Where:
- Friday, Aug. 2 - Chiles High School (Tallahassee) - NIGHT BEFORE RECEPTION AT THE MONROE STREET CONFERENCE CENTER (2714 Graves Rd., Tallahassee, 32303)
- Friday, Aug. 9 - Osceola High School - NIGHT BEFORE RECEPTION AT HOLIDAY INN MAINGATE EAST (5711 West US Highway 92, 3200 Seralago Blvd., Kissimmee, FL 34746)
CHECK-IN BEGINS AT 8 A.M. ON THE DAY OF EACH SEMINAR!
- What: One-day seminar on FHSAA rules and procedures for member school personnel; Bylaw 188.8.131.52 requires each continuing member school to be represented at a compliance seminar by either the principal, FHSAA representative or athletic director outlined in Policy 5.1.2; Policy 5.1.4 requires first-year provisional member schools to be represented at the seminar by the principal, FHSAA representative and athletic director (all three); Policy 5.1.5 requires all other continuing provisional member schools to be represented at a compliance seminar by either the principal, FHSAA representative or athletic director until full membership is achieved.
- Mandatory attendance: List of schools assigned to attend in 2013
- Exemption from attendance: There is no exemption or waiver of attendance in the assigned year.
- Cost: $75 per person: school is responsible for all costs of transportation and lodging (overnight stay may be required for those not within daily commuting distance of the locations). DO NOT PREPAY! Schools will be invoiced after the conclusion of the seminar. Lunch will be provided for all representatives who have registered.
- Registration: click here
Agendas and Seminar Information
|Chiles High School
Aug. 2, 2013
» Hotel info
|First-time member schools ONLY
Robert W. Hughes FHSAA Building, Gainesville
Aug. 5, 2013
» Hotel info
|Osceola High School
Aug. 9, 2013
» Hotel info & golf
2012 FHSAA Compliance Seminar review
Below are links to the presentations/handouts from the 2012 FHSAA compliance seminars at West Broward High School and Winter Springs High School. Click on the title of the presentation/handout for the information.
|Name of Presentation||Format||Size|
|Allegations and Investigations||PPT||442 K|
|Membership Services/Website/Awards Programs and Deadlines||PPT||16.7 M|
|Compliance and Eligibility||PPT||716 K|
|Current Issues in Title IX||307 K|
|Financial Policies and Procedures||PPT||1.8 M|
|Non-Traditional and Foreign Student Checklists||38 K|
|Procedure to Register Foreign Students||19 K|
|Procedures to Register Non-Traditional Students||160 K|