Finance & Accounting
Football classics information
Schools have the authority to charge more for admission to a football classic without seeking prior approval from the FHSAA Office.
Reminder: pass policy for state series events
Per Policy 15 of the FHSAA Handbook, only the following may be admitted to a state series event free of charge:
- Student-athletes who are members of the team along with their coaches and managers.
- Cheerleaders in uniform and their sponsor(s).
- In football only, band members and drill-team members and their chaperones.
- Working new media with appropriate identification.
- Broadcast crews from radio and television if approved by the FHSAA.
- Visiting school administrators who are required by their Principal to attend the event for supervisory purposes upon presentation of a photo ID, provided the visiting school submits their names to the event manager.
- Uniformed police or security.
- Individuals holding FHSAA Lifetime Passes, officials and school personnel with a FHSAA State Series Pass and a photo ID.
Schools reminded to not fax financial reports if money is due
Schools are reminded that late penalties apply to payments as well as the receipt of a financial report, and that faxing the report in advance of payment does not prevent a school from being assessed a late filing penalty. In this case, make sure to send the payment and report together via mail, and do not fax the report to the FHSAA Office. Because of the high volume of reports processed, receiving more than one report from a school for the same event causes unnecessary confusion. (Note: The report may be sent via fax if no money is due; an original copy is not required.) Questions? Contact Accounting Assistant jtownsend [at] fhsaa [dot] org (Janet Townsend) via e-mail or at ext. 150.
Loss refunds not given for incomplete reporting
Loss refunds on district and regional events will not be paid if pass log-in sheets are incomplete. All information on the pass log-in must be completed by those entering with a state series pass. The information includes printed name, position with the school, type of pass, pass number and signature. The pass log-in must be attached to the financial report when it is filed in order to receive the refund.
The other requirements for the refund are as follows:
- Correct ticket price charged
- Numbered tickets used, torn in half and recorded on the financial report
- Report filed timely (within the 30 days)
- Correct financial report form must be used
Reminder of invoice payment and waiver request deadlines
Schools are reminded of the established deadlines for invoice payment and for waiver requests.
- Invoice Payment Deadline: Invoices charged to the school’s account with the FHSAA are due and payable within 30 days of the invoice date.
- Invoices charged to the school’s account with the FHSAA are due and payable within 30 days of the invoice date. The only exception to this rule is the annual membership dues invoice payment that must be postmarked no later than Sept. 30 of each year.
- Waiver Request Deadline: Request for waiver of a fine must be received in the FHSAA office no later than 30 days from the date of the invoice.
- Request for waiver of a fine must be received in the FHSAA office no later than 30 days from the date of the invoice. Request for waiver of a fine must be submitted, in writing, to the FHSAA, along with any related documentation supporting the request. The FHSAA will notify your school of the decision on the waiver request and your school’s account will be adjusted if the waiver is approved. If your school receives a waiver on a fine that has previously been paid, a reimbursement will be sent to the school.
Notice: Please wait to be invoiced. Do not pre-pay late penalties, state series passes, dues, fees, etc.